When setting up your Timesheet Mobile account, one way to make data entry easier is to import your data from a CSV (comma separated value) file. Your data would be in a simple file with values separated by commas like this:
Here are the steps you would take to do this:
- Login to your TSM account. At the dashboard, click on Employees.
- Click on the “Import From CSV” button. A window will pop up that asks for a filename. On that same window, there is a button that says “Download a Sample CSV file”. Click on that button. The sample file is set up in exactly the format that TSM is expecting the data. Format your data to have the same header data and in the same order.
- Once your file is ready, go back to the “Import From CSV” button on the Employees page and enter in your filename. Click “Import” when ready.
- A preview import window will pop up allowing you to verify the data. You are able to change the header names (no two headers can have the same name) at this point before importing the data.
- When you are ready, click the "Insert" button.
Your employee list will be imported. From there you can select those who you wish to send an invitation to or continue your account configuration.