Timesheet Mobile can be used to set the regular monthly working hours to which employees are legally entitled under their employment contract. Defining these hours is necessary to calculate the overtime values required for payroll processing.
Hours are set on the employee page, by opening an employee's dashboard view. In this tab, the following information can be configured:
- Employee status (full or part time or independent contractor)
- Choose the weekly or monthly entry of contractual legal hours
- Choose fixed values for each week / month or flexible values that change for each week or month of the year
- Select if there is a working time account (see below for more information)
- Select the year and change the values (if flexible is selected)
Once the legal working hours are set, the time ratio calculation will include information on whether the employee's time was less or more than the contractual working hours.
After all corrections to the timesheet is made, it can be approved for month end payroll.
Once approved, the payroll export will reflect those hours on your company's payroll through the defined import process.
Note on working time accounts
In some countries, a working time account is allowed and can be configured. When used, the working time account allows hours worked above the legal limit to be credited / debited for future use, either to pay or to give free days off. Contact your accounting department if you need a working time account. See Working Time Accounts for more information.