When setting up your Timesheet Mobile account, one way to make data entry easier is to import your data from a CSV (comma separated value) file. Your data would be in a simple file with values separated by commas like this:
Here are the steps you would take to do this:
- Login to your TSM account. At the dashboard, click on Workers.
- Click on the “Import From CSV” under Add worker button. A window will pop up that asks for a filename. On that same window, there is a button that says “Download a Sample CSV file”. Click on that button. The sample file is set up in exactly the format that TSM is expecting the data. Format your data to have the same header data and in the same order.
Note: In order to open the example file in Excel in proper column format, save the example file to your hard drive, and then import it into Excel, like so:
- Open a new spreadsheet in Excel
- Click on the Data Tab in the top Menu Bar
- Click on "From Text" (Get Data From Text File)
- Select the sample_employees_csv.csv file provided by Timesheet Mobile
- Click Import
- The Import Wizard will open.
- As shown below, in the Import Wizard
- Step 1: Click "Delimited" for file type
- Step 2: Set delimiters to "Comma"
- Step 3: Set telephone column to "Text" format
Note: The telephone column in Excel should be set to "Text" so that phone numbers with leading zeros will remain intact.
- Once your file is ready, go back to the “Import From CSV” button on the Workers page and enter in your filename. Click “Import” when ready.
- A preview import window will pop up allowing you to verify the data. You are able to change the header names (no two headers can have the same name) at this point before importing the data.
- When you are ready, click the "Insert" button.
Your worker list will be imported. From there you can select those who you wish to send an invitation to or continue your account configuration.