When setting up your Timesheet Mobile account, one way to make data entry easier is to import your data from a CSV (comma separated value) file.
Here are the steps you would take to do this:
Login to your TSM account. At the dashboard, click on the Site menu.
- Click on the “Import From CSV” under the Add Site button. A window will pop up that asks for a filename. On that same window, there is a button that says “Download a Sample CSV file”. Click on that button. The sample file is set up in exactly the format that TSM is expecting the data. Format your data to have the same header data and in the same order, as shown below. You may enter an address for each site, or you may use latitude and longitude coordinates.
A note on latitude and longitude: the map below is a quick reference for determining if your coordinates should be positive or negative. It is based on location above or below the equator, and east or west of the prime meridian. A location in North America would have a positive latitude and negative longitude.
When using Excel for data entry, if you need to use a negative number for a coordinate, you must format that cell differently. For example, if your coordinate is -71.07, you must enter it as ‘-71.07. The single quote allows it to be treated as a negative number entry, not as part of a formula.
- Once your file is ready, go back to the “Import From CSV” button in the Sites page and enter in your filename. Click “Import” when ready.
- A preview import window will pop up allowing you to verify the data. You are able to change the header names (no two headers can have the same name) at this point before importing the data.
- When you are ready, click the "Insert" button. If your geofence settings do not appear after the import, you may have to logout and then login to the Admin.
- To view the latitude and longitude coordinates, click on Site, select the more icon next to the desired site then click on Open Control Panel. To see the coordinates, click on the radio button next to Enter Lat/Lng as you see below.