By default, Workgroup Managers are able to view and modify employee information and employee timesheets for employees assigned to their workgroups. Managers can view (but not modify) customer:job, task or service and workgroup information.
In some cases, you may wish to modify these permissions to give certain managers more or less capabilities. Here is a brief overview of permissions that can be modified:
- Activity Log permissions are used to control who can view or modify employee timesheets. Managers can be permitted to edit the timesheets of employees in their workgroup, all employees or none.
- Employee permissions determine whether the manager can view and modify employee information (name, email address, phone number, etc)
- Customer:Job permissions determine whether the manager can view and modify customer:job information or add a new customer:job to the system
- Task or Service permissions determine whether the manager can view or modify task or service information or add a new task or service to the system.
- Workgroup permissions determine whether the manager can view or modify workgroups or add a new workgroup to the system.
- Schedules permissions determine whether the manager can view or modify schedules or add a new schedule to the system.
- Approval Permissions determine what level of approval a manager can give provide. Managers can be permitted to simply indicate approval (i.e. not create an approved timesheet report), create an approved report or none.
- Timesheet Reports Approval determine whether a manager can approve their own time, other manager's time, or both.
Follow the steps below to change permissions for assigned managers.
First you must verify that the individual is assigned to a workgroup as a mangers. To do this, navigate to the Employees page and look for "YES" in the manager column for the employee as shown below.
After verifying the individual is assigned as a manager, navigate to the Permissions page by clicking on the blue icon in the upper right hand corner of your account screen and select "Permissions" as shown below.
On the Permissions page, select the manager you wish to edit permissions for as shown below.
Manager permissions also appear on the employee control panel as shown below.