By default, Workgroup Managers are able to view and modify worker information and worker timesheets for workers assigned to their workgroups. Managers can view (but not modify) site, task and workgroup information.
In some cases, you may wish to modify these permissions to give certain managers more or less capabilities. Here is a brief overview of permissions that can be modified:
- Activity Log permissions are used to control who can view or modify worker timesheets. Managers can be permitted to edit the timesheets of workers in their workgroup, all workers or none.
- Worker permissions determine whether the manager can view and modify worker information (name, email address, phone number, etc)
- Site permissions determine whether the manager can view and modify site information or add a new site to the system
- Task permissions determine whether the manager can view or modify task information or add a new task to the system.
- Workgroup permissions determine whether the manager can view or modify workgroups or add a new workgroup to the system.
- Schedules permissions determine whether the manager can view or modify schedules or add a new schedule to the system.
- Approval Permissions determine what level of approval a manager can give provide. Managers can be permitted to simply indicate approval (i.e. not create an approved timesheet report), create an approved report or none.
- Timesheet Reports Approval determine whether a manager can approve their own time, other manager's time, or both.
Follow the steps below to change permissions for assigned managers.
First you must verify that the individual is assigned to a workgroup as a mangers. To do this, navigate to the Workers page and look for "YES" in the manager column for the worker as shown below.
After verifying the individual is assigned as a manager, navigate to the Permissions page by clicking on the blue icon in the upper right hand corner of your account screen and select "Permissions" as shown below.
On the Permissions page, select the manager you wish to edit permissions for as shown below.
Manager permissions also appear on the worker control panel as shown below.