Timesheet Mobile supports basic management of time off accrual for sick days or vacation hours for each worker. Time off hours that are available to the worker can be credited, accrued and deducted as the time is used throughout the year.
- Select the accrual you wish to set up: Sick Time or Vacation Time.
- Select the accrual policy (i.e. how frequently hours are earned): Annual, Per pay period.
- If annual selected, all hours are available on the date specified below.
- If Per pay period is selected, hours are made available based on the pay period as follows:
- For weekly hours, 1/52 of the earned hours are made available each week.
- For bi-weekly hours, 1/26 of the earned hours are made available each bi-week.
- For twice a month, 1/24 of the earned hours are made available twice per month.
- For monthly, 1/12 of the earned hours are made available each month.
- Enter annual number of hours earned.
- Select date the plan starts and resets.
- Select a maximum hour cap or choose unlimited. This is the maximum number of hours a worker can have available based on rollovers and earnings.
- Choose whether unused hours are carried over into following years.
- Select a cap for unused hours to carry over or choose unlimited.
To set up sick and vacation time accruals for a worker, use the Control Panel for the worker as shown below.
As an example, consider the case below in which the worker is 1) being granted 80 hours of sick time, 2) on January 1, 2020, which will 3) be accrued weekly with a 4) cap of 80 hours maximum with up to 5) 10 hours carried over into the next year. In this case, the worker will accumulate 1.538 hours of sick time each week. As sick is used, the hours used will be deducted from the available amounts.
The sick time and vacation hours that are available to the worker will be displayed for use by administrators and managers to see when approving time off, or to workers when they are requesting time off. Hours granted or approved can then be deducted from the total available to that worker. There is also an option to grant or approve time off hours, without deducting those hours from the hours available to the worker; this is used to handle special cases where time off hours may not need to be limited to those available to the worker.
Sick time and vacation hours are added, from either Reporting -> Timesheets or Scheduling pages -> Add Time. When adding time off, the amount used in the current year is displayed along with the hours available to the worker as shown below:
Workers can also be permitted to request sick time or vacation. This is enabled in Settings -> Report Settings (Advanced) section, as shown below.
Workers can then request time off from within the smartphone app as shown below:
Hours requested and hours available will be displayed in "Reports -> Pending Shifts" for administrators and managers to review and approve/modify/reject, as shown below.
Article is closed for comments.