In the Timesheet Mobile Activity Log, there are a number of different geofence codes that help administrators and managers quickly understand where a worker was punching in or out. A user can either be "At Site", meaning the location capture for the punch was within the geofence or may have been some distance "From Site" which will be noted. Sometimes users are not connected to data or did not receive a location for their punch. In this case, additional information may be included to help determine what is going on. See below for an example:
A description of the various codes is included below:
- OFFLINE: If the worker punches in/out when they are offline (not connected to the internet), the logs will be saved to their mobile device's local storage and will be uploaded to the server when the device is connected to an active internet connection. Those logs will be labeled as "offline" in the Activity Log.
- NO LOCATION ACQUIRED: In the Timesheet Mobile app, after punching in/out, the app takes 45 seconds to receive the most accurate location from the mobile device. If it is unable to capture the location even after 45 seconds of punching in/out, "No Location Acquired” will occur when the “Location Enforcement” is disabled in the Punch Settings. This “No location Acquired” may also occur if the worker punches in/out by turning OFF location services on their mobile device.
- NO LOCATION APP: Timesheet Mobile application will take 45 seconds to receive the most accurate location from the mobile device. If the app is immediately terminated after punch in/out, then the location update will be disrupted and will cause “No Location: APP”.
- AUTO LOGOUT AS THE USER DISABLED GPS: When the “Location Enforcement” in Punch Settings is enabled, workers must enable location services (high accuracy mode) in their mobile device. If the worker is in punched in and they turn off the location services (battery saving or device only), they will receive an alert “You will be punched out in 1 minute if you turn OFF location services”. If after 1 minute the location services are not turned ON, the worker will be punched out leaving a notification "Auto punched out as the user disabled GPS" in the Activity Log.
- SMARTPHONE GPS OFF: In older versions of Timesheet Mobile, if no location is captured then it will be displayed as "Smartphone GPS OFF" in the Activity Log. In the newest version, it is displayed as either "No Location Acquired" or "No Location: APP".
Below are more examples of activity log status. When a worker switches from one job to the next, they will click the switch button on the app and their logs will be captured as shown below.